Check out this Getting Started Guide from Blogger
Classroom Blogging Guidelines & Etiquette
- I will use my blog as an extension of the classroom.
- I will not reveal anyone else's identity in my comments or posts
- I will not give out any information more personal than my first name or initials, or post pictures of myself.
- I will not insult, bully or provoke others in my blog posts or in my comments.
- I will use constructive/productive/purposeful criticism, supporting any idea, comment, or critique I have with evidence.
- I will not plagiarize, instead I will expand on others' ideas and give credit where it is due.
- I will use language appropriate for school.
- I will only post pieces that I am comfortable with everyone seeing; other pieces I will keep as drafts.
- I will not be afraid to express my ideas; any posts on controversial issues must be submitted to my teacher for consideration before they can be posted to my blog.
- I will take blogging seriously, posting only things that are meaningful and taking my time when I write.
- I will try to spell everything correctly.
- I will not use my blog posts or comments as a chat room. (No IM language.)
- I will be proactive in monitoring the comments that others leave on my blog, utilizing the comment blacklist if necessary.
- I will personalize my blog and keep my writing authentic, while taking responsibility for anything blogged in my name.
- I will only post photos which are school appropriate and either non-copyrighted or correctly cited.
- I will only comment on posts that I have fully read, rather than just skimmed.